Tips for Bag Painting
10 Top Tips for painting your own Towie Style Jute Shopping Bags
- Use Acrylic paints, check that they are washable and flexible or standard fabric paints and pens if you prefer.
- Try a brush instead of a pen for best results - whatever works for you.
- Place a sheet of card or similar inside the bag to give a ridged surface to paint on. Although the bags are laminated on the inside this should stop any paint bleeding through onto the inside of the bag.
- Tired of all those fibres getting stuck on your brush? Shave the bag with an ordinary disposable razor to reduce any loose fibre and provide a smoother painting surface.
- Outline your design with a gelly glaze pen to prevent paint bleed.
- Remember to label your bags or paint a small logo on the inside - your customers will want to know who to come back to for repeat orders.
- Choose your bags carefully. Some Jute bags are closely woven which give a great surface for painting on. However if you wish to sew ribbon or other embellishments onto the bags then the looser weave is advisable.
- Extend your range by offering a variety of shopping bags, gift and wine bags and perhaps sweatshirts or Caps, Cushions or Cosmetic Bags - Keep a few in stock for rush orders.
- Experiment with coloured bags - paint a speech bubble or cloud in pale colours to give a pale frame to your personalised Towie style character which will really stand out against the vibrancy of the coloured bag.
- Be original, be seasonal by including: seasonal items (saucy Santa), Wedding Day (happy couple), Graduation, Milestone Birthday, Glamour-pooch or Gothic - just a few ideas. Have you seen our new Jute Cosmetic Bags or our Cotton Christmas Stockings - great gift ideas.
Styles and Sizes of Jute Bags Available
Large 40 x 35 x 15 cm
Medium 30 x 30 x 20 cm
Small 20 x 20 x 14 cm
Small (New) 20 x 20 x 10 cm
Gift Medium 20 x 15 x 10 cm
Gift Small 13 x 15 x 8 cm
Medium Coloured 30 x 30 x 20 cm
Large Pink 40 x 33 x 18 cm
Lots of other styles, colours and sizes available - see our Jute bags pages
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Gifted Sister and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Gifted Sister. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Gifted Sister takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.